Thursday, November 22, 2012

Thankful

I sit here today on Thanksgiving very thankful for my families health. We have had an extremely hard year dealing with CJ's health issues but I am thankful for the time we have with him now. We have three family friends that are all battling cancer right now. One lady was 36 years old and diagnosed with breast cancer. At the time of the diagnosis she had a 5 year old and a 6 month old. She has been through so much in the past year and a half. She had her reconstruction surgery in May and her port removed at the same time. Two weeks later they found a massive tumor on her spine that crushed a vertebrae and required major back surgery. Last August a man whose kids I grew up with and looked up to as a father figure was diagnosed with stage 4 lung cancer. The family was told he wouldn't make it through the holiday's. Over a year later he is now loosing his fight. The cancer has spread to his brain. Today will likely be his last holiday with his family. This past July a former co-worker was diagnosed with lung cancer. By the time they caught it, it had spread to her liver and breasts. She is spending today in the hospital while fighting an infection.

I'm not trying to be debbie downer today. But I do ask that you keep these families in your thoughts and prayers (or whatever it is that you do). I try hard not to complain about our frustrations with CJ's health with them or around them because well CJ does not have cancer. Although it is being treated as though it is. I take a lot of flack from a lot of people for how much I complain about these issues. BUT there is an uncertainty of how much longer CJ will be able to work or even walk and yes even be alive. It is so sad to say that I have lost many friends this year because of CJ's health issues. I guess they weren't real friends to begin with if they cannot support us through these tough times.

I hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving today. Safe travels!! We are off to my mom's this morning to spend the day with them and eat lots of food :-)

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow me on Twitter