Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Heartbroken

The boys went to my parents house for dinner last night while CJ & I went out to dinner with our friends. When I picked them up my mom told me that Deq admitted that he liked the school he was at but didn't like any of the kids because they were all mean. He has told me this before and I just didn't believe he could like a school where the kids were so mean to him. I think it is because he LOVES school in general. When he told his classmates that yesterday was his last day (which he didn't know until 2:30 or so) one of the little girls told him "good it's about time you left." First of all that breaks my heart that she would say that to him. Second of all what in the world makes her think that's ok! That is the exact reason why we left that school. Between the bullying and the mean kids I know that Deqlan will be much happier going back to his old school today. I can't wait to not have to deal with crazy carpool anymore & to actually a carpool number and not his name on a tag (that drives me INSANE!) I have to walk Deq in this morning and go meet his new teacher and give her the quick run down of what our school year has been like. I do feel bad that Deqlan will end up going to school longer this year since he started at the end of July and was originally slated to get out at the end of May. Now he won't get out until June 10th (who thought a Monday for the last day of school was a good idea?) But he's already had one track out (2-week break). He is so excited for school this morning!

The dreaded head cold has hit our house. Hayden had it 2 weeks ago and was oh so kind to share with me. I've had it for a week now and even though we tried our hardest CJ has it now. We all know how men get when they are sick. He is annoyingly pitiful. The pressure from the head cold is making his already pressure filled head feel like it is going to explode. He is staying home from work today to try to rest and knock this stuff out. Whatever I still function when I am sick-although if I had a day to just sleep I bet I could get rid of mine too!

I am so thankful that Thanksgiving is next week. That 3-day break is coming at the perfect time. I am feeling worn out and am just tired of school work. End of the semester stuff is keeping me busy. I will still have a ton of work to do over Thanksgiving but I won't have to drive to class :-) The majority of my long-term assignments are done except review questions for my health class that I plan on getting done over Thanksgiving break. Then we only have 3 weeks of classes and then exams!! I have 6 exams for 4 classes which I think is crazy. A written and an oral exam in Spanish, a lab practical and written exam in Biology, and then an exam each for my two online classes. I cannot wait to be done and have a 3 week break from school!! My schedule next semester will only require driving to campus 3 days a week for two classes in the mornings. No night classes! And then I'll also have two online classes.

I hope everyone has a great day!

Photobucket

Blog-working Wednesday!

3 comments:

  1. Kids are much crueler these days then they were when I was a kid. Geesh. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's exactly what I was thinking!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It makes me so sad when other kids are mean.. ugh, I am sorry! yay for thanksgiving coming- a break to enjoy what truly matters!


    Just found your adorable blog through the hop! I am happy to say I am your newest follower and I am excited to get to know you! I would love for you to stop by and following along if you'd like :)

    sjdmiller.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Follow me on Twitter