Thursday, September 27, 2012

Busy

I haven't posted much this week I feel like I've been going non-stop.  My oldest son is in 2nd grade and on what they call a "modified calendar." It's just like year-round.  He goes for 9 weeks than gets 2 weeks off.  This is his first year at this school/on this calendar.  He is currently on week 1 of track out.  I still have class every morning so he's been going to my neighbor's house to play with her boys (same calendar but different school) while I'm in class and of course Hayden still has preschool every morning as well.  So instead of picking up Hayden and coming home to get homework done, I'm picking up Hayden and coming home and having to referee between the two boys because heaven forbid they play nicely together (they do on the weekends!)

Next week Deqlan will be out again but I will be on fall break starting after my morning class Wednesday :-) All that is standing in my way is two quizzes and one test.  I have to do amazing on the test (it's for Biology) and I currently have an F in that class.  I have to get a C in every class this semester or I don't qualify for Financial aid next semester.  All of that stems to having a really rough year last year.  When my Aunt passed in September I didn't put as much work into my Math class that I was taking online so I failed it (turns out I didn't need that class anyways-what a waste of money) and then Spring semester I had to drop a class when we found out CJ would have to go through radiation treatments (I'll post about his medical issues next week when I have a little bit more time!)

Deqlan has three baseball games next week (Tues-Thurs).  They have to make up a rain out from the first game of the season.  He loves playing baseball but its frustrating for me to watch the coaches kid who has no clue what hes doing continuously get to play 2nd base while Deq gets stuck in the outfield every game.  I hate baseball politics even though I've been around it my whole life.  Especially after practice on Sunday where he was at 2nd the entire practice.  They lost their game Tuesday night which was hard for them since it was their first lost.  They hadn't played a game in almost two weeks but the boys didn't listen to their base coaches which cost them two runs. 

I have lots of laundry that needs to be caught up on and I'm a little concerned that my dryer is starting to go.  I really hope it's not because we aren't planning on replacing it until we can afford to replace the washer as well (I want front loaders!)

Time to get the boys up and ready for the day

xoxo,
Megan

3 comments:

  1. Good luck with everything! Got my swap package yesterday and I love everything! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just a note to say I'm your Fall Swap partner and am excited to get to know you. Are there any particular entries that teach me more about you? I'd love to be able to send EXACTLY awesome stuff!
    <3 ND

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sarah! I'm looking forward to getting to know you better as well. Why don't you send me an e-mail so we can chat? I don't think I have any posts up with my likes yet (it's on the to-do list). megan(dot)lr(dot)mitchell(at)gmail(dot)com

      Delete

Follow me on Twitter