Thursday, September 13, 2012

A day in my life!

People often seemed surprised at my daily life. I often get told "I don't know how you do it!" And truthfully I don't know how I've been doing it recently. Life has definitely been challenging since the first of the year!!

Since the middle of August my day consists of me getting up at 5am (sometimes 5:30 if I've been up late studying) to get ready for the day. I shower then head downstairs to get a few small chores done...I'll empty the dishwasher, clean up any dishes, pack the boys lunches & book bags, take out something for dinner, start a load of laundry, and put out the boys breakfast. All of that only takes me about 15 minutes. Once I finish that I head back upstairs to dry & flat iron my hair and do my makeup & get dressed. Once I'm ready I sit and either relax and catch up on blogs or get some studying in while the boys are still asleep. My oldest gets up at 7:15 and I wake up my youngest about 7:30. We have to be out the door by 8:10 to be one of the first cars in carpool so Hayden gets to preschool on time! Once both boys are dropped off I head to school as well. I have a Monday-Friday class from 10-10:50. I get to school about 9:15 and spend 30 minutes studying and catching up with my friends while we wait for class to start. Once I'm out of class I run whatever errands need to get done I can't pick Hayden up until 12:10 so I have quite a bit of time to get things done and there are major stores (target, kohls, best buy, office max, & home depot) all near Hayden's school.

Hayden and I head straight home for lunch and homework time for me. I am very thankful that Hayden is a lot like Deqlan was and will keep himself occupied with toys in his room or the bonus room while I get some homework done!! We have to leave at 3:15 to pick Deqlan up and then we head back home to get Deqlans homework done. Depending on the day of the week we either have baseball games (Tuesday & Thursday's) or I have class that night (Monday & Wednesday's) or we have league (Thursday). So until the middle of October the only night we are home during the week is Friday!!!

So far I've been able to stay on top of my school work for my on campus classes but my two online classes have taken a serious hit!! I plan on spending this weekend catching up and hopefully getting ahead a little bit. We typically only have work due one day a week in both of those classes so it would help greatly if I could get caught up or ahead!!

I'm looking forward to a low key weekend. Our company goes home tomorrow afternoon. I can't wait to have a home cooked meal even though Fridays are usually breakfast for dinner nights. It'll taste way better than the junk we've had the last two nights!!

Hope everyone is having a great week!!

Follow me on twitter @megm0509

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow me on Twitter