Tuesday, September 11, 2012

9.11.01

Somethings you never forget.  I can remember exactly where I was when I heard the news 11 years ago.  I even remember what I was wearing.

I was a Sophomore in high school...worried about my geometry test that morning.  First class went fine and even my second one did (we started class at 7:15am).  Word didn't break until 3rd period which was drama.  We were working in our groups sitting in the hallway when the drama 2 teacher came in and grabbed our teacher and they headed to their office where they turned on the tv and closed the blinds.  Once they had an idea of what was going on we all gathered in one classroom to watch the news.  I was terrified.  At the time they hadn't said what airlines were hijacked and all I knew was my Aunt was a flight attendant and was more than likely working that day.  The school made us continue to go to classes even though no one was thinking about learning.  But sure enough we still took our geometry test while watching the news.  I remember watching the 2nd plane hit.  When the first plane hit we all thought it was an accident but once that second one hit you knew something horrible was going on.

Where were you that September day?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow me on Twitter